Monday, July 11, 2011

Term 2 Reflection

In term 2, I learnt about biology which focuses on the human reproductive system and ecology. The topics was interesting and the notes given by my teacher was also fairly easy to digest.

Learning about the human reproductive system was difficult at first as we found that it was quite "funny" that we are studying both sex's reproductive system. As the topic moved on, I got used to it and it also allowed me to see the reproductive system from a scientific point of view rather than a childish way. It also let understand more about the human body. What I find that is amazing is the way that human can create life from just two small cells. I also learned what hormones are and its effect on the human body. It surprised me at first when I found out that it is this chemicals that are helping reproduction and pregnancy.

We also learnt about ecology and the relationships of organisms with one another. The food web is one very intriguing system as it acts similarly to a human body. If a animal in the food web disappears, the whole food web will be affected by its disappearance and ultimately causing the whole system to collapse. Just like the human body when its missing a organ, the whole body will become weaker and ultimately death. I also learnt about the relationships with other animals and their ways of survival by depending on other organism.

Overall, this term's topics are quite easy to understand and it also allow me to learn more about my self and the environment around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment